These are the extraordinary insights from a teen. I listened with admiration.
- The staff are on the job unlike parents, in shift system 24-7. Nothing slips by them. There is no scope for manipulation.
- Exercise three times a day that releases endorphins.
- Board games with staff that involve trivia and personal sharing, conversation and connection.
- Rituals like super clean up day where we are all charged with cleaning our rooms once a week.
- Projects with limited resources that enhance creativity, stretch thinking capabilities, help to tolerate frustration, and foster team work.
I since, shared these tips with moms who do home schooling to use this frame of thinking.